Last year, we received the Good Business Charter accreditation for our commitment to ethical and sustainable business practices. A few months in, we're taking a moment to reflect on our progress and how we're staying true to our promises this Good Business Week.
To gain this important accreditation, UK businesses must meet the Good Business Charter’s ten high standards:
In 2023, we met all ten criteria of fair working hours, taking care of employees, being inclusive, environmentally responsible, making timely payments, and committing to our clients.
Putting people first is what we do best, and the Good Business Charter recognises that commitment.
This is how we practise Good Business through our ten main commitments:
2. Our employment contracts clearly state our working hours, which are consistent every week. From Monday to Thursday, the regular hours are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. On Fridays, the hours are from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
3. We treat our employees with respect and fairness. With two Better Health at Work Awards and working toward the third, we continue to prioritise wellbeing in the workplace and offer support for their physical and mental health, providing unbiased onsite advice.
4. We encourage employees to share ideas or raise issues with senior management through ad hoc one-to-one meetings, our suggestion box, and by participating in frequent surveys, including the B-Heard Survey by Best Companies.
5. Our Diversity and Equality Policy highlights how we treat all employees fairly during recruitment, selection, and retention. We never discriminate based on gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, status, race, religion, age, or disability.
6. We’re committed to reducing our environmental impact, using renewable energy, and encouraging the development of good environmental practices as an organisation.
7. We commit to paying our taxes and maintaining a transparent relationship with HMRC.
8. Our Code of Practice outlines our clear commitment to clients. This is readily available online and communicated across channels.
9. We adhere to the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code for responsible sourcing and purchases.
10. We commit to paying our suppliers on time within the agreed terms, subscribing to the voluntary Prompt Payment Code (PPC).
After five successful years in business, we've seen firsthand the benefits of good business practices in our culture. By putting people first, we've built a positive work environment with fair hours and a commitment to giving back. We build strong relationships with our employees and clients, making a positive impact on both the industry and the environment.
This Good Business Week, we’re proud to join a network of accredited companies and organisations taking the pledge towards responsible business practices.