Switching your business energy can save you money, so it’s wise to shop around when your contract ends. But when switching, there’s value to be had that goes way beyond unit rates and standing charges.
Using a consultancy to secure your rates may come with the benefit of additional business energy management services. But what does this mean? And how might your business benefit from such services? Here we explain.
Business energy management services are provided by some energy consultancies as part of their procurement offering. Levels of service will differ between providers, but may include:
- Energy Usage Tools: These enable you to view your energy usage throughout the day in the form of graphs and charts. Such tools give you an easy way to spot trends and spikes in your energy consumption.
- kVA Monitoring tools: By setting alert thresholds, you can receive notifications when you’re nearing your allotted limit.
- Hardware: Your energy consultancy may be able to arrange the installation of additional hardware that could help you cut your usage. These may include biomass boilers, solar panels and sub meters.
- Carbon Monitoring: Whether you have a firm plan to reach net zero carbon, or simply want to keep an eye on your footprint, carbon monitoring tools let you easily track your output.
- Advice and Consultancy: In addition to these tools, your energy consultant may also offer help to reduce your consumption in the form of ongoing advice.
If you procured your energy through a third party, ask your consultancy if they offer additional support around energy management.
At Tritility, we see our role as much more than a ‘price comparison’ service. Finding you the right energy deal is only the beginning of the relationship. We can provide ongoing energy management support – which includes all the services listed above – as well as dedicated account management, for the duration of your contract.
When you use a third party to procure your energy, bear in mind that comprehensive Account Management can also add substantial value. Our Energy Management services are mainly focused on helping clients to cut cost, minimize waste and reduce their carbon footprint. Our Account Management service, on the other hand, is designed to take the hassle out of the day to day management of your utility contracts.
Your Tritility Account Manager is your single point of contact for any queries about your energy. They’ll liaise with your supplier to solve any issues that may arise, and can also help in the following ways:
- Bill checking: Your Account Manager will check your current and historic bills for accuracy, and will spot any overpayments you might have made.
- Monthly billing: If you have multiple suppliers over several sites, your bills can start to get complicated. We can provide a single monthly statement, making it much easier to understand your usage and charges.
- Advice: Your Account Manager can answer any questions you may have, no matter how big or small. They can also advise you on things like smart meters, refunds and new connections.
Fluctuations in the energy market have been unsettling for both businesses and consumers, so now is the ideal time to start looking at ways to reduce our energy consumption. Smart meters can go a long way in helping you to understand how you use energy, but this pales in comparison a comprehensive energy management portal.
The data provided by our own portal has helped clients to make informed decisions around shift patterns and use of machinery. By making the most of off-peak rates, replacing inefficient devices and planning for seasonal dips and spikes, businesses could potentially make significant savings.
If you’re looking to switch your energy, choose a consultancy that offers more than a price comparison service. Find out more about switching in our useful Business Energy Procurement Guide, or get in touch with us to find out more about our services. If you’re ready to switch now, visit our Get a Quote page and let’s get started.